The Unmanned Systems Association of Virginia (USAV) is a non-profit coalition focused on promoting a legal and regulatory framework that supports innovation, collaboration and growth in the unmanned systems industry in the Commonwealth.
Unmanned Systems Association of Virginia
To foster the growth of the unmanned systems industry in Virginia through advocacy efforts focused on economic and workforce development, financial incentives and a business-friendly regulatory environment.
Our Key PrioritiesThrough advocacy efforts, USAV will work with the Virginia General Assembly and Governor’s Administration on state matters involving unmanned systems and coordinate with members of the Virginia Congressional delegation on federal issues. USAV will coordinate with the Secretaries of Technology, Commerce and Trade, and Transportation, as well as the Governor’s Office, to establish and promote industry opportunities available in the Commonwealth.
- Promoting Virginia’s UAS test site, unmanned systems research and other resources
- Sharing information about grant opportunities for expansion of existing businesses or attracting new unmanned systems businesses
- Supporting legislation that fosters a business environment that is favorable to innovation and development of technology
- Supporting public and private programs that promote STEM education, workforce training and workforce development that may be beneficial to the unmanned systems industry
- Promoting collaboration among entrepreneurial, existing technology and academic research entities